Dundaga park
The beginnings of the park date back to the 17th century when the manor was owned by the fon der Osten-Sacken family. The Northern part of the park used to be formed as a system of the avenues of regularly cut lime-trees, and the Southern part is with a free planning, opening up a view to vast fields, large oak-trees, groups of trees. There are many oak-trees, ash-trees, lime-trees and black alders. The total area of the park is 21.7 ha. There are trees representing 48 species, several secular oak-trees. During the period of the manor there the park was referred to as the «deer garden» because a high number of deer was brought there, bred and hunted for. Dundaga Park has enjoyed the protection by the state since 1957.
Skatīt Google kartē
CMS v.2.0.1 © RixtelLab 2014-2024

Mājas lapu izstrādāja Grandem , programmēja Rixtel Lab.